Saturday, March 28, 2009

Harris Teeter Triples and Monthly Grocery Total

Well, I made it out to Harris Teeter triple coupons yesterday afternoon. My husband and the girls actually came with me, since we were headed on a family trip to Home Depot afterwards. It was so nice to have help with the girls in the grocery store!

I spent $26 altogether, but I got several items that were not triple coupon items, including a couple of treats.


I didn't think the Harris Teeter matchups were that fabulous this time, but I did snag some good deals. This picture is just my triple coupon items.


My best deals were the following:

- Dawn dish soap - $1.39 - 3 x $.50 coupon = free
- Matahama rice mixes - $.67 - 3 x $.50/2 coupon = free
- No Yolks noodles - $2.29 - 3 x $.75 coupon = $.04
- Matahma white rice - $1.76 - 3 x $.50 coupon = $.26
- Electrasol Finish Quantum - $2.75 - $.100 coupon (not tripled) = $1.75 (This new dishwasher detergent is ridiculously expensive at regular price, but on sale for half price and with the dollar coupon it was less than just buying regular detergent.
So this week I spent:

Harris Teeter: $26.00
Target: $18.12 & $7.88
Walgreens: $1.28 & $1.20
Total this week: $54.56
Final Total for March: $315.69

Considering that total, I think I can say I have offically reached my goal of reducing our grocery budget to $350/month! Yay! I don't have a new goal yet, because I want to keep it at $350 for a few months and then reassess. I did get a ton of fabulous deals in the past few months, so I want to be sure I can keep this up consistently.
PS - Check out more Super Savings Saturdays here.
By the way, I've got some good stuff to share with you this coming week! I have a follow-up post for my post on 7 Simple Ways to Save on Groceries, and I'll also be telling you about our plans for a new frugal endeavor: a vegetable garden. And don't forget to check back Monday to find out how to enter my first giveaway! I am very excited to share it with you!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reducing your grocery budget! This was my first Harris Teeter triples and I think I did pretty well. I got granola bars for a quarter, cereal for free and pretzels for 50 cents! It was wicked fun too. Gotta love a good deal!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!