Thursday, July 9, 2009

Beach Trip



I just had to share a few photos from our trip to the beach last week. It was a lovely week. It was great to spend time with my parents and brothers and sisters and to be on our first real vacation since our honeymoon four years ago. My girls enjoyed the beach, although my older daughter was afraid of the water. She did enjoy the sand, however, as did the little one.

Now the girls and I are staying with my parents in North Carolina for two weeks. This is the first time we have done something like this, and it seemed a little weird to leave Michael for that long. So far, however, it is going quite well. The girls have wonderful, devoted teenage aunties to play with them, as well as access to all our old toys. It's kid heaven!

I am enjoying checking out local consignment shops with my mom. We have a few old favorites, as well as some new ones that we want to investigate. It's nice to have a long enough visit to be able to do some of the things that we always talk about doing but never have the time for. Saturday morning I plan to take Mom yard sale-ing, which she's never really done. That should be fun!

I'm also enjoying the break from serious couponing and grocery shopping. I'm hoping to be refreshed and reinvigorated for a new start when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!