Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Tip

A quick, painless money saving tip every Tuesday

When buying fresh herbs for a recipe, dry or freeze the portion that you don't use. Most recipes that call for fresh herbs only require a small amount, and if you paid two or three dollars for a large bunch, that can be a lot of waste. However, if you dry the remainder of the bunch, you might save yourself almost the entire cost of a jar of dried herbs, which can easily be four or five dollars.

You can see my post on drying fresh herbs here. Also check out this guest post from Money Saving Mom with more ideas for preserving fresh herbs.

Have a quick and easy money saving tip to share? Email me, and I'll credit you if I use your tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!