Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday Tip

A quick & painless money saving tip every Tuesday . . .

Cook once and eat twice (or three or four times)!  Whether I'm making a pot of soup for dinner or baking muffins, I automatically make at least double what we need for a meal.  With dinners, I often serve the same entree twice during the week, often with different side dishes.  With baked goods, I just put what we won't eat within a few days in the freezer.

This is of course a huge time saver, and it is a surprisingly huge money saver as well.  First of all, it generally costs less to make two of the same meal rather than two different meals, because you don't have to buy additional ingredients, and you can buy the ingredients in bulk.  Also, having an extra meal in the fridge or freezer for busy nights really reduces the chance of our getting takeout or even running to the grocery store for convenience foods.

Have a fast and easy money saving tip to share?  Email me, and I'll credit you if I use your tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!