Friday, November 6, 2009

A Most Eventful Harris Teeter Triples Run

I was really excited to head over to Harris Teeter yesterday afternoon, since it seemed like a while since the last triple or super double coupon event.  I had prepped my coupons, my girls were fed and rested, and I was ready for some great deals.

Well, about midway through the shopping trip, I had let LuLu out of the cart, and she and GiGi were playing on the floor for a moment while I picked out some items.  A moment later, LuLu fell backwards and hit her head on the hard floor.  I picked her up and carried her to the next aisle, comforting her, but I wasn't overly concerned. 

Until . . . as we reach the next aisle, LuLu suddenly vomited - and vomited again - covering herself, me, and the floor.  Not my best grocery store moment.

To make a long story short, I called my pediatrician's office, who told me to head directly to the ER, since there was vomiting after a head injury.  Conveniently enough, my Harris Teeter is down the road from the local hospital with the pediatric ER!   Obviously, I had some panicked moments there, but thanks be to God, she was totally fine, and didn't even need a CAT scan.  She did not continue vomiting or crying - in fact, by the time the Harris Teeter worker was cleaning up after her she was smiling and waving to him!

So anyway . . .after we got out of the ER, went home, had dinner, and I bathed LuLu . . . I went back to Harris Teeter for my groceries!  I mean, hey, they might have been out of some items if I went back a different day.  You can't keep a true couponer down, right?

The manager had kindly kept them for me at the front desk, and even though there had been a shift change the items had not yet been put back.  I was able to finish my shopping, and I think I got some good deals.  I paid $25.48 for all this below, and my total before coupons and VIC savings was $110.03.  I used the lists at 30 Dollar Weekly Grocery Challenge and Southern Savers to put together most of my deals. 


I might even make another trip back before triple coupons ends, but hopefully my next trip won't be quite as exciting. ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Woof. What a day!!! Sympathies with you, girl. Glad that your little one is OK, and (of much lesser importance, but STILL) that you could get your trip finished eventually. One of those days you'll remember with crystal clarity 30 years from now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that LuLu is ok. It is hard to shop with little ones when they want to get down and walk or run around. I feel for you girl!

    Wow! Great customer service at HT and glad you got to go back. You had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    That is an eventful shopping day! I'm so glad that your little girl is alright. I am pretty impressed you made it back out to HT that night and got all those great deals! I might have been too exhausted after a day like that, although I love coupons!
    Have a great weekend!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You spent less than a dollar one each item ! <3 that !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a shopping trip! I'm glad LuLu is okay. We had an incident in Target not too long ago where my daughter threw up all over... not fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!