Saturday, December 12, 2009

Super Savings Saturday

Sorry about my blogging hiatus the past couple of days.  I needed to take a break to get some stuff done around the house.  Christmas is coming so quickly!

After this weekend, Money Saving Mom is taking a break from hosting Super Savings Saturday until January 10, so I think I'll probably do the same.  However, I'll probably still share any really great deals that I score, especially after-Christmas clearance!

My best deals this week were probably at Target.  I forgot to take pictures, but I'll just mention the best deals

3 Keebler crackers - $6.00 ($2.00 each)
2 Keebler Fudge Shoppe cookies - $4.00 ($2.00 each)
Used $1.00/2 Keebler crackers and $1.00/2 Keebler cookies coupons
Used $.75/1 Cheez-its printable coupon
Used $5.00 gift card
Final price: $2.25 total ($.45 each) and received $5.00 gift card

I also got a box of Wheatables crackers and a box of All Bran crackers for $.49 each, using the $1.50/1 coupons that were recently (still?) available to print.  I also got 3 boxes of Swiss Miss hot chocolate for $.97 total, using a manufacturer's and a Target coupon.

Here's my total grocery shopping for this week:

Wegmans - $62.02
Target - $9.69 & $8.48
CVS - $1.49 & $1.44
Total this week - $83.12
Total this month - $184.61
Left for the month - $165.39

This month I'm allowing myself our full allotted grocery budget of $350, considering the possible extra holiday food expenses.  However, we have a lot of food in the house for the next two weeks, and I'm still not sure whether or not I'm hosting Christmas dinner.  So we might come in closer to $300 anyway!  I'm sure the extra money will come in handy for any little extra holiday expenses.


I'm excited about continuing to lower my grocery budget in the new year, but for now I'm just focusing on trying to get some Christmas treats while staying within budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!