Friday, August 27, 2010

Review: Dryel Stain Pen and Dryel 3-In-1 Fabric Refresher

Dryel Stain Pen As a follow up to my previous post on the Dryel In-Home Dry Cleaning Starter Kit, I wanted to tell you more about the Dryel On the Go Stain Removal Pen and the Dryel 3-IN-1 Touch-Up Spray.

The Dryel On the Go Stain Removal Pen comes with the Starter Kit.  It is a small plastic pen that releases a clear liquid when squeezed.  Then you are supposed to rub the solution into the stain "like an eraser" with the brush tip.  Unlike other stain removal pens, it is safe for dry-clean only clothes, as well as delicates and hand-washables such as wools, silks, rayons, linens, cottons and other special care fabrics.   The pen is designed so that it can be used on the go and when you can't wash the garment immediately.

I first tried the stain removal pen on the skirt of one the dresses featured in my previous post.  The small stain did rub right out, but it appears that a slight darkish water mark remained on the skirt.  However, the fabric is a metallic, delicate fabric, so it may be the exception rather than the rule.  I also tried it on my daughter's new pj shirt that I had already washed once after she smeared it with chocolate.  I could actually see the stain come out as I rubbed it!  After washing, the stain appeared to be totally gone.

Dryel Fabric FreshenerThe Dryel 3-IN-1 Touch Up Spray is also desgined so that it can be used seperately from washing and is specially formulated to safely care for your everyday and dry clean clothes
The directions are to:
•Spray a light mist evenly on fabric.
•Use more spray in heavily wrinkled, smelly or clingy areas.
•Use hands to press and smooth away wrinkles.
•Air dry or dry in the dryer.

I tried the fabric refresher on this dress that had been hanging in LuLu's closet for a while, and was very wrinkled.  It looked much better afterwards, and could have easily worked for church with no ironing!  (I tried taking pictures, but it was too hard to see the difference.)  Since I avoid ironing at all costs, this is the perfect product for me!   I have used a similar wrinkle-removing spray before, but I thought the Dryel smelled better and less strongly.
 
I would definitely purchase both of these products on my own.  I am thinking of keeping one of the Stain Pens in my kitchen to pre-treat some of the girls stained clothes before they go in the hamper and sit and then have to be washed five times!
 
Don't forget - You can enter win your own Dryel Starter Kit here.
 
These two items were also provided by Mama Buzz for review.  The opinions are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!