Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WFMW: Portable Diaper Changing Station

I always changed my first baby's diapers in her room at the changing table.  We lived a tiny apartment when she was little, so it was a no-brainer.  Even after we moved to our townhouse and I had my second, it was usually pretty easy to dash up the stairs and change her (good exercise too). 

This time around, however, I quickly discovered that I was not going to make it upstairs for all of the practically hourly diaper changes that a newborn needs (at least not without my two-year-old climbing the walls).  Unfortunately, we do not have room in our small kitchen or living room for a second changing area.

My solution is simply a second diaper bag hanging from our coat rack.  I got out a diaper bag that I don't usually use, so I didn't have to compete with snacks, crayons, and coupons for space.  I filled it with just a changing pad, diapers for both the baby and the toddler, wipes, and diaper cream. 

Now it's super convenient to do a quick diaper change in the middle of our other activities.  This portable diaper changing station Works for Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!