Friday, April 1, 2011

40 Bags Update

Wow, I can't believe that half of Lent has already gone by!  I meant to update you on my 40 Bags for 40 Days project each week, but now I"ll have to do a catch-up post.  I've actually been taking pictures of each bag to keep count!

Bag 2 - Freecycled curtains

Bag 3 - Freecycled outgrown clothes

Bag 4 - TRASH (not regular trash, but stuff I found around that was actually trash)

Bags 5 and 6 - donations to the church yard sale

Bags 7, 8, 9 - You do not even understand how many broken-down boxes this is. After I cleared them out on the basement and threw them out on the porch it looked like an episode of "Hoarders."
In the beginning, it was shockingly easy to get rid of stuff!  Some of it was stuff that I had already set aside to give away, but which had never made it out the door.  That gave me a bit of a head start.  I'm trying to only count bags if they're actually leaving the house, so that I don't have that phenomenon of the "giveaway box" mysteriously getting recirculated.

Now I've slowed down a bit, and I'm looking a little harder to find stuff to get rid of.  That's good though - I'm trying to pare down not only the obvious, but the less obvious clutter.  I have a few bags that I'm working on filling right now - I'll post another update next week!

How is your decluttering/spring cleaning going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!