Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Plan


Here's a picture of one meal from last week: Wild Rice Salad with Banana Muffins.  I really enjoyed this salad.  It was a little different from what we usually eat, and it tasted fresh and healthy.  I served it warm initially and later ate the leftovers cold, and both were delicious.  My husband was suspicious at first, but he enjoyed it as well.  However, his opinion was that it would be better as a side dish - to a piece of meat!

I've made these banana muffins before, and they are very sweet and tender.  I made the caramel glaze once, but I felt that it was overkill.  So I usually just make them plain.


I'm always looking for good new recipes that are quick, healthy, and don't use special ingredients.  Always feel free to share your favorites!

Here's what I've planned for this week:


Breakfasts
Homemade granola
Yogurt
Cinnamon toast

Lunches
Black bean tacos/nachos (x2)
Cheese and homemade wheat thins
Frozen homemade pizza
PBJ

Dinners
Mon - Leftover Chicken Stew, homemade bread
Tues - Meatloaf, potatoes, green beans
Wed - Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, bread
Thurs - Leftover meatloaf, potatoes, spinach
Fri - Homemade veggie pizza
Sat - Beef stew from freezer, drop biscuits
Sun - TBD

Check out all the menu plans at Menu Planning Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. There's lot of yummy meals planned this week.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!