Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Northern Virginia Consignment Sale This Weekend

There are a lot of consignment sales in my area each spring and fall, and, knowing my love of bargain shopping, friends often ask if I am attending them.  Actually, though, I usually only shop one sale: Catholic Consignments in Ashburn, VA.

For me, it is simplest to have on sale where I consign, volunteer, and shop, and Catholic Consignments is one of the biggest sales in the area.  Since I volunteer, I get to shop early and get a great selection on the items on my list.  Depending on which shift I work, I often shop again at the half-price sale or the Dollar Dash, where I get to pick up extra fun things for next to nothing.  Thus I am able to accomplish the vast majority of my kids' shopping in one long but fun day, and I am done until next season.

I always say that consignment sales are a win-win type of event.  Consignors benefit from selling their items; shoppers benefit from the great deals; and the organization putting on the sale makes a cut as well.  However, Catholic Consignments is the only sale I know that has another winner: needy people in the community.  All the money raised from the sale goes to Divine Mercy Outreach.  I just looked over their newsletter for the first time and was amazed at all the services this volunteer organization provides - everything from rent to utilities to beds to clothes and food for the needy.

So now I know you can't wait to shop at Catholic Consignments this weekend, so here is the info:

Location: 
St. Theresa Catholic School
21370 St. Theresa Lane
Ashburn, VA  20147 

Hours:

Consignor Drop-off:  5-8 pm Friday
Volunteer Pre-Sale:  7 am
Public Sale:  8 - 11:30 am
Half-Price Sale:  noon - 1:30 pm 
Consignor pick-up of unsold items:  2:30 - 3:00 pm
Dollar Dash:  3:30 - 4:30 pm


Be sure to visit the website: www.catholicconsignments.org to get additional info and shopping tips.

Maybe I'll see some of you there!

1 comment:

  1. Hope it went well for you--both selling and shopping!

    I didn't make it to that one, but I did try Classy Consignments in Manassas since they were open during the week. I got a bunch of clothes for my twin girls and was happy with the quality.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!