Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Tip

If a product you purchased is imperfect, email the manufacturer. I have done this with a peanut butter jar that was greasy on top of the seal, a cereal bar that had a piece of dried glue in it, and even a box of granola bars that had crumbs in the bottom. Yesterday I found a packet of oatmeal that was only about a third full, so I'm going to do it again!

It's usually quick and easy to fill out the form on the manufacturer's website, although you should keep all the packaging, since you might need identifying numbers from it.

The company will almost always send you a coupon for a free product, sometimes more than one. It's worth it for five minutes of your time. Plus, you help the company identify mistakes, thereby helping them as well as other consumers.

I have never done this with a more expensive product than a grocery item, but it is something to keep in mind for any product.

Photo from www.freefoto.com.

2 comments:

  1. I did this with a DiGornio mini pizza that burned black on the bottom but was still frozen on the top. They sent me a coupon for a free pizza! Sometimes it's worth your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day after I read this tip my brand new L'Eggs pantyhose practically split apart! I was incredibly disappointed. I emailed customer service and they responded saying that they are sending me a coupon for a new pair immediately. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!