Saturday, March 21, 2009

Amazing Target Deals and Other Shopping


How much do you think I paid at Target for all the items pictured above? Well, I'll tell you . . . I paid $5.85 including tax for all of it! That's less than the original price of just one of the packages of baby wipes! There are some awesome deals this week at Target, and you should be able to still get them at least through today.

If you'd like to know how I did it, first check out Money Saving Mom's post on this week's Target deals. I got the applesauce and mini artisan breads as she described. I got the wipes using the recent printable $5 Huggies coupons (check the coupons.com widget in my sidebar if you haven't printed yours). The Sutton and Dodge steak coupon is here. I just looked for a package size that was as close to $2.00 as possible, so I got a little under a pound of steak for about $.09.

The Quaker deal also described in Crystal's post is so awesome! Basically, each item is either $2.00 or $2.50 on sale. Since you get a $5 giftcard for buying 5, it's as if each item were $1.00 or $1.50. Then if you have a $1.00 coupon on an item costing $1.50 or a $1.00/2 coupon on an item costing $1.00 (and there are many out there, both from newspaper inserts and internet printables), you basically get each item for $.50! I have more coupons, so I'm planning to make another trip to Target today to do it again, rolling over my giftcard from the last transaction.
Note also that more Quaker products are included in the deal than may be marked in the store. Check at the register if you're not sure; all the ones I pictured were included in the deal but didn't have signs that mentioned it.

My other grocery shopping this week:

- Target: $9.85 (I got 4 items from the dollar section as well as the items above)
- Walmart: $12.24 & $3.86 (These are from last week, that I forgot to add in)
- CVS: $14.29 (lots of Easter candy!)
- Wegmans: $51.62

Total this week: $91.86
Total this month: $261.13
Left in budget: $118.87

I'm thinking about trying out Bloom's triple coupons later today; I'll try to update this post if I do!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!