Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Tip

A quick, painless money-saving tip every Tuesday

If you have a newer dishwasher, don't pre-wash your dishes. From everything I've read, most modern dishwashers are designed to be powerful enough to clean dishes without pre-rinsing. I started testing this myself a few months ago, and I have found it to be mostly true. It saves quite a bit of water, as well as time, to just load the dishes in the dishwasher. I do have to run the occasional item back through on the next load or take it out to scrub off something stubborn, but 90% of the dishes are usually perfectly clean.

If you really can't give up pre-washing the dishes, try filling up the sink with soap and water to soak them instead of rinsing each one individually. Small savings in water can really add up when your bill comes!

Photo from www.sxc.hu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!