Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday Tip

Use machine washable microfiber cleaning cloths instead of expensive Swiffer cloths or paper towels. I love my Swiffer mop, but the refills are just so expensive, even with a coupon. So I just started using a microfiber cloth rag instead, and I'm not looking back. The heavier cloth rag actually cleans better than the disposable version, and I use vinegar so as not to have harsh chemicals around my girls. (Read Frugal in Virginia's post from a while back about cheaper ways to use your Swiffer.)

I bought a 4-pack of these microfiber cloths at Target; it includes 4 different weights for different cleaning jobs. They work really well, and I just throw them in the wash with towels and napkins.

And of course, this tip is good for the environment as well as your wallet!

1 comment:

  1. I do this too! lol...only I've been known to use scraps from worn out T-shirts and otherwise out-of-commission clothing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!