Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Meal Planning: Easter Leftovers Week!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter this weekend! We had a great time, and feasted on lots and lots of food!





Since we have tons of leftovers, and since I was busy yesterday taking my college-age sister back to school, I decided to skip grocery shopping this week and to just plan meals from what we have. We have so much food that I don't think it will be a problem! I stopped yesterday for milk and apples, but other than that we'll just use what's in the fridge, freezer, and pantry.

Here are the meals I'm tentatively planning:
Breakfasts:
cereal, oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, Pascha (Easter bread), bagels (I need to bake more bagels. My recipe only makes 9 little ones, and we eat them so fast!)

Lunches:
Leftover samosas, kielbasa, spanakopita (all from Easter); cheese and crackers, pbj

Dinners:
Tues - Leftover Easter dinner (ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus)
Wed - Hungarian Goulash (I never made this last week, and I need to use up some of those roasts I have in the freezer)
Thurs - Black eyed pea and ham soup (using the ham bone!)
Fri - Leftover goulash
Sat - Homemade pizza
Sun - Leftovers or other simple dinner, depending on our schedule

There will still be almost two full weeks of April after this week, so I'll probably get back to my two week shopping/menu planning schedule next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!