Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Target Deals

As promised, I thought I would share my Target deals from the past few days. There are some great deals to be had right now! I also wanted to share a strategy I use for spending very little out of pocket at Target.

Here are my best deals from this week. To see how I got these deals and for others, check this list.

The deal I want to highlight is the Special K deal. Special K products are on sale for $2.39 this week, and if you buy 5, you receive a free $5 Target gift card. Target has these deals periodically, where if you buy a certain number of particular items you receive a $5 gift card. Since I don't do my regular grocery shopping at Target, instead of blowing the gift cards on extras, I've been saving them and rolling them over for subsequent deals.

For instance, a few weeks ago there was a Quaker promotion similar to the Special K one, where if you bought 5 Quaker products, you received a $5 gift card. I purchased the 5 Quaker products for $2.50 each and used a $1.00 coupon on each. That made my total spent $1.50 per box or $7.50 for 5 products, and I received a $5 gift card at checkout.

Now this week I purchased 5 Special K products for $2.39 each and used a $1.00 coupon on each. So my total was $1.39 each or $6.95 for 5 products. But then I used my $5 gift card from the Quaker promotion, making my actual total spent just $1.95 for the 5 products. Plus, I got a $5 gift card for the next promotion! (You can also roll over your gift card more than once on the same promotion, as I did when I took advantage of the Quaker deal 4 times!)

I would estimate that there's a promotion involving a $5 gift card nearly every week, and there's is one that I want to take advantage of every 3 or 4 weeks. I have used this strategy to get very cheap cereal, granola bars, crackers, cookies, and diapers!

Rolling over gift cards from Target deals Works for Me!

3 comments:

  1. I love Target but it is often just not as cheap as other places. Thanks for sharing this week's Special K deal. No I am going to be on the lookout for 5$ GC Target deals.

    My latest post: Deceived by Complacency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally interested in doing the Special K deal, but I'm just wondering how do you get so many coupons to be able to use one for each of the 5 products that you're purchasing to get the price so low?
    Thanks for your help!
    -Learning the coupon game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I actually think I ended up using just 4 coupons. I had two for the Special K crackers which are a current internet printable coupon (check out the Money Saving Mom list that I linked to for the link). Then I had a $1.00 off a Kellogg's cereal from a recent insert and a $1.00 off a Kellogg's cereal from a recent "blinkie" machine in a store.

    In general, it can be challenging to collect as many coupons as you need. A big help to me is that my sister saves the coupons she doesn't use for me. So I end up with at least two of many coupons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!