Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WFMW: Stockpiling

I thought you all might enjoy seeing some photos of my stockpile. The first two pics are of my toiletry stockpile in my bathroom closet.



Looking over these two pictures, I can honestly say that the vast majority of these items I got for free or close to free just by shopping the CVS deals each week. The rest of the items I either probably got through another couponing deal or stocked up when they were on sale.

The last photo is of course my cereal stockpile!


The advantages of stockpiling are many. Just what springs to mind for me are that I usually never pay more than $.50 for a toiletry item or $1.00 for a box of cereal. Having a stash tucked away also means that we don't run out if I get busy or if there are no deals on a particular item for a while.

Of course, especially with toiletries (which we use a lot more slowly than cereal!), there are so many deals that the stockpile could really get out of hand. (When I organized my closet recently, I found that I had 13 tubes of toothpaste - they're behind the dish soap in the picture!) Luckily, our church has an ongoing giving tree which often has requests for toiletries for the women's shelter and other charities. I also try to give some away to family members, like my college-aged brothers. It's such a blessing to have extra to share!

Stockpiling definitely Works for Me!

3 comments:

  1. I do the same but it got a bit out of hand so I spent a lot of time using it up...now back to stockpiling! FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I alwas stockpile especially toothpaste and toothbrushes especially if they're free. I give it to my mom who lives close by so that she doesn't need to buy them too. Saves us both money!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!