Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Tip

A quick, painless money-saving tip every Tuesday . . .

Don't forget that if your store is out of a sale item, you can ask for a raincheck. (That is, a coupon entitling you to the sale price when you buy the item after they restock.)

I just recently started to ask for rainchecks, and I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it is. You usually just have to go up to the customer service desk and ask for it. You can even tell them how many of the item you would like to buy, and they will make the raincheck for that amount (of course, there is probably a limit).

Just to give a couple of examples of the usefulness of rainchecks: when Harris Teeter was out of their $1.25 blueberries when I went there a couple of weeks ago, I got a raincheck for 4 pints. Now when blueberries are back to $3.99, I'll still be able to get a few more for my berry-loving daughter. Similarly, today when I went to HT for my second triple coupons run, they were out of the BOGO Ziploc sandwich bags and storage containers. With the raincheck that I have now, I can get the deal when they do triple coupons again, when these items might not be such a great deal if not on sale.

Have a quick and easy money saving tip to share? Email me, and I'll credit you if I use your tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!