Thursday, October 1, 2009

Oregano Plant

I scored an unexpected find on Harris Teeter's discount produce and plant rack the other day - this lush oregano plant! 


Even thought it's the end of the season, I decided to get it.  It was priced at $3.99, so even if I just cut and dried the current foliage, I would probably have save money as compared to regular dried oregano.  And GiGi pours oregano (which she calls "regular") on to her pizza, so we go through the stuff!

Plus, with any luck, I might be able to cut it once and then harvest more, as it probably won't really get frosty around here until November at the earliest.  AND, it turns out that oregano is a perennial, so if I plant it in our garden, this $3.99 should pay dividends next year and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!