Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baking Day Results



Here's what I accomplished on my baking/cooking day yesterday:

6 large Gingerbread Waffles
16 Puffins muffins
9 bagels
a huge pot of ground beef vegetable soup
18 Mediterranean meatballs
1-1/2 pounds cooked and frozen Italian sausage for pizza and other dishes
several dozen chocolate chip cookies
chocolate sandwich cookie dough




I actually think I could have accomplished more in the day if I had worked all day, but I was running out of room in my freezer!  (We only have the small fridge-top freezer).  Today I might whip up a couple other dishes.  I have a turkey carcass in my fridge that I need to make into soup, and I think I might have enough meat to also make a casserole or something.  (Anyone have any good turkey leftovers recipe ideas?)


I really enjoyed joining everyone participating in this freezer cooking day and seeing updates on Twitter and various blogs.  Thanks to Money Saving Mom and Life as Mom for hosting.  I have lots of ideas for next month!

2 comments:

  1. I like to make what we call turkey tetrazini...usually we use spagetting noodles, but any pasta would work (not ziti or a big noodle) you need a can of cream of mushroom soup too.
    Make the soup as directed, mix leftover turkey pieces & noodles together and put in the oven on 350 until hot. My husband adds parm. cheese to the top before cooking to make it crunchy, but I don't like it. You can add peas if you're feeling it. Super easy & the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!