Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Best Deals Roundup

The very best deals for your week, from the blogosphere and beyond . . . 

Grocery Deals:

It's confirmed!  Harris Teeter will be offering Super Double Coupons starting tomorrow!  Hurray!  I feel like they haven't been doing these promotions as often lately, so I will definitely be taking advantage of this one.  Time to weed out those exired coupons and get organized for a new year of couponing!

Speaking of coupons, if, like me, you're a little slow to get back into the swing of things in the new year, you may not have remembered to check out the new coupons at coupons.com (which you can print from the widget on my sidebar).   Some good ones that I noticed include:
- $2.00/1 Aveeno Body or Baby care product (offer of the week!)
- $2.00/1 Aveeno facial care product
- $2.001/ Caribou coffee
- $.75/1 No Yolks noodles (often very cheap or free when doubled or tripled)
Also check Smartsource, Red Plum, and All You for new coupons!

Other Deals:

Here's an interesting deal: Blackstone Audio Books is having a clearance sale, with several hundred titles for $5.  Back when these books were on cassette tape, my dad used to order books for himself and us, and we always really enjoyed them.  Just the thing for a cozy winter day!

I was at my local Target yesterday and found their Christmas items at 75% off.  They still had a large wall of holiday items, including cookies and candy, knick-knacks, candles, baby clothes, and many, many boxes of colored ornament balls.  I purchased a few stocking stuffers for next year, but I plan watch closely for when they reduce everything to 90% off to hopefully snag a few more fun bargains.


There are many other clearance deals to be had, especially on holiday items.  Be sure to look for a clearance section when you visit your local grocery store, drug store, and big box stores.  There are plenty online as well; some of the companies having big sales that I've seen include LandsEnd (with free shipping), Bath and Body Works (also in store), and HearthSong.

Local readers, take note: Washington DC's Restaurant Week is January 13-17.  Over 200 local restaurants will be offering special 3-course, prix-fixe meals for $20.10 for lunch and $35.10 for dinner.  This may not be dirt cheap, but it seems very reasonable, and is definitely a great way to try some nice new restaurants that ordinarily might be beyond your budget.

Also for locals, if you're in the Arlington area, check out a new website called Your Shirlington Connnection, which lists free events and has printable restaurant coupons in the Shirlington area.  Sounds like a great resource!

What other great deals do you see this week?  Let us know in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Reston Target yesterday and all their Christmas stuff was 90% off. I was surprised, and quite pleased, at the stuff they still had left! Hope you find some great bargains too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Ashley - 90% off?!! I'm jealous! I'm going to be checking my Target often in the next few days for when we reach 90%!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!