Monday, January 25, 2010

Menu Plan: Last Week of Eating from the Pantry


It's the last week of the EFTP challenge, and I have to say that I think my family is ready for me to go back to regular grocery shopping. ;-)  I've noticed that I can figure out how to put together a decent dinner from the pantry and freezer without too much difficulty, but that snacks and lunches seem to suffer more.  My husband has been without salsa for a week now, so I broke down an added it to my (short) shopping list for this week.

This morning the girls and I made a quick trip to Wegmans for these items (a couple of which I had free coupons for). 

In total I spent about $28, which was right under my target of $30.

Besides these items, I'm trying to go from the freezer for the rest of the week, so here's what I have planned:

Breakfasts:
bagels, cereal, scrambled eggs

Lunches:
leftovers, tuna, peanut butter crackers, yogurt

Dinners:
Mon - Italian Sausage and Black-eyed pea soup (loosley based on this), corn bread
Tues - Pesto chicken sandwiches on mini french bread loaves, salad
Wed - Homemade pizza, fruit salad
Thurs - Leftovers
Fri - Tomato soup with cheese quesadillas
Sat - Chicken fried rice
Sun - Roasted turkey (using the turkey that's been in my freezer since Thanksgiving!)

Baking list:
bagels (finishing second batch), mini french breads, corn bread

This weekend and the beginning of next week, I plan to join Money Saving Mom and Life as Mom once again for freezer cooking days.  Check out their plan here if you're interested in getting a head start on your February cooking!

See tons of great menu plans here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!