Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Snowy Weekend

I just had to share some pictures from our snowy weekend!  We got between 2 and 3 feet of snow on Friday and Saturday, more snow than I think I've ever seen!  We lost power during the night Friday night, but we were so blessed to get it back on Saturday afternoon.  Some people in our region are still without power, and more snow is predicted for Tuesday.

I have to say that having eaten from the pantry during January presented an unexpected problem when we lost power.  I had plenty of food in the house to cook, but without the ability to heat anything my stores were pretty low.  We had eaten up a lot of my usual stash of bargain granola bars, crackers, and canned soup.  We did have some cereal, tuna, and yogurt, so we would hardly have starved to death, but during the next storm I'm definitely going to keep the possibility of losing power in mind when I grocery shop.

I'll definitely be making a run to the store Tuesday morning before more snow hits!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't this crazy?! Luckily, I was pretty well stocked on bread, milk, and diapers. Hopefully they're wrong about how much more snow we'll be getting! Glad you have your power back :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!