Thursday, February 4, 2010

Freezer Cooking Results

I'm finally posting the results of my freezer cooking earlier this week.  Here's what I accomplished:

- Roasted turkey
- Homemade doughnuts
- Homemade breakfast hot pockets
- Banana bread
- Blueberry muffins

Not everything was an unmitigated success.  As you can read in my doughnuts post, I had problems getting them fully cooked, although it worked out in the end.  Also, to make a long story short, I made the the hot pockets too big, so that they turned out more like rolls studded with eggs and sausage rather than filled with them.  I ended up cutting some of them in half to freeze because they were so huge.


Oh well, live and learn.  I really enjoy experimenting with new recipes and techniques.  Sometimes they turn out beautifully on the first try, and sometimes they don't!

The eggless banana bread (chosen because I ran out of eggs) was moist and delicious, and the Martha Stewart blueberry muffins are scrumptious.  We are definitely all set on breakfast foods for the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!