Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Easter!


I just had to share this photo of the Easter eggs that I made last weekend at a class at church.  We learned the Polish art of making Pisanki.  Just to give you an idea of the detail involved, these two eggs took 3-1/2 hours to make!  But I was thrilled; this is a craft that I have literally been wanting to learn since I was a child.

I also wanted to let you know that I won't be posting from tomorrow through Easter.  I'm picking up my sister from college tomorrow morning, and she'll be staying with us for the weekend.  It's time to turn our focus to this sacred time!

The fasts are done; the Aves said;
The moon has filled her horn
And in the solemn night I watch
Before the Easter morn.
So pure, so still the starry heaven,
So hushed the brooding air,
I could hear the sweep of an angel's wings
If one should earthward fare.


~Edna Dean Proctor, "Easter Morning"

Have a Blessed Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a Blessed Holy Week and Easter Sunday.

    I just read your guest post over at Catholic Icing and wanted to tell you thank you! Your post brought tears to my eyes...I grew up 100% Polish-American Catholic and it was an Easter ritual for me to go with my grandmother to Church on Holy Saturday to have the Easter basket blessed. We had many of the food items you mentioned...along with my grandmother's homemade pierogis!

    Miss those days...as I rarely get to Michigan and there isn't a Polish community close to where we live in Kansas. :(

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!