Monday, March 22, 2010

Menu Planning Monday


Ok, I admit that I am down to the wire on the grocery budget for March, with still a week and a half to go!  And I do have to buy milk and eggs at a minimum this week.  If I find a particularly great deal, I may start on next month's budget a little early, but in general, we are using what we have this week!

On a brighter note, I recommend this Chicken Rice Soup recipe from my menu last week.  It was simple to make and required few ingredients, and I thought it was a nice change of pace for chicken soup.
Here's the menu I've put together for this week:

Breakfasts:
yogurt, oatmeal, cereal

Lunches:
roast beef sandwiches, peanut butter, grilled cheese

Snacks:
granola bars, homemade corn chips that Daddy made over the weekend, popcorn

Dinners:
Mon - The end of the leftover corned beef and cabbage, with some roast beef to supplement
Tues - Pasta with either chicken or meatballs - exact recipe to be determined, salad
Wed - Turkey casserole from the freezer, spinach, bread
Thurs - Breakfast for dinner: eggs, sausage, and pancakes
Fri - Homemade cheese & veggie pizza, salad
Sat - Roast beef & turkey subs, chips, raw veggies
Sun - tba

Check out lots of other great menus at Menu Planning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!