Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where I'm Shopping this Week

Grocery shopping day around here seems to be working out to be Tuesday.  I'd like it to be Monday, but it seems rare that I have the time on the weekends to get my coupons and list in order to be ready by Monday.  So my current plan is to prepare on Monday and shop on Tuesday morning.

This morning we hit the post office, Giant, and Wegmans.  I seem to avoid the post office with the girls, because it is a lot of buckling and unbuckling for such a quick errand, plus the parking is terrible.  So it was good to get that one out of the way. :-)

At Giant, I did my second transacation of the awesome General Mills catalina deal.  You have got to check this out!  So far, I've gotten about 14 or so items for around $6 total, counting the catalina coupons.  I've based my two transactions so far on the scenarios on Mrs. Moneysaver.  Gina also has come good scenarios worked out.  I'll be sharing more details and photos of what I get later in the week.

At Wegmans, we bought milk, eggs, and salsa (the staples, right?), and I used this week's free coupons for bagged salad and frozen bagels.  By that time LuLu was more than ready for her nap, so we quicly headed home!

Tomorrow I hope to hit Harris Teeter triple coupons.  Hurray!  It seems like these promotions have been less frequent lately, and I am really feeling the need to stock up.  Since we just received somewhat of an influx of cash from our tax refund, I've decided to allow myself to start my April grocery budget early, so that I can take advantage of the really good deals this week.

I'm also on the lookout this week and next for some more Easter candy deals and a few more items for my daughters' Easter baskets.  Did anyone score any fabulous deals on these items?

Restaurant.com is offering another one of their fabulous 80% off promos right now:
Restaurant.com Gift Cards starting at $15.00 for $25 cards. Use code COOK to save an additional 80% Off thru 3/31/10.
We have used these gift certificates at a number of local restaurants with no problem, and it has made it possible for us to have a nice restaurant meal when it would otherwise have been too expensive.
(Disclosure: I am an affiliate with Restaurant.com, so I could earn a small commission if you purchase through my link.)

Where are you shopping this week?

Photo by ckforic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!