Thursday, May 20, 2010

Harris Teeter Super Doubles

I made a trip to Harris Teeter's Super Double Coupons promotion last night.  I couldn't get there early in the day, as I would have liked, since Lulu has croup, so I couldn't really take the girls.  It was peaceful shopping by myself, even though I usually dislike going out at night!

As I predicted, my store was already out of some of the best freebies, but I did score some great cheap deals that I am very excited about.


I got six jars of Classico pasta sauce for $.59 each, using the $1.50/2 coupons that were on Coupons.com last month!  I also got two bags of Wacky Mac pasta for $.35 each and 3 boxes of Mueller's pasta for $.33 each.  These deals are great because we go through the pasta and marinara very quickly!  It is my go-to meal on busy nights or when I don't feel like cooking or when we just need comfort food.

I was also excited about the Nature's Promise bread for just $.44 each.  I so rarely buy sandwich bread, since it has to be under about $.88 to be cheaper than homemade (and I'll only buy real whole wheat).  So when I do get a deal like this, it's a nice break from baking or a good backup for when I'm behind!

In total, I spent $26.63 for the items pictured, which were originally worth $90.75.  It's not the most amazing shopping trip ever, but it is a savings of about 71%.  It also included a few items that weren't super doubles deals, like the Harris Teeter little boxes of raisins (a good value) and the Harris Teeter brand OxiClean (much cheaper than the real deal, so I'm trying it).

I got my coupon matchups for this promotion from Southern Savers and Mrs. Moneysaver. I'm going to see what coupons I have left or can still print, and maybe I'll make another trip tomorrow to see if they've restocked some items. I'm coming in well under budget for May right now, so I still have a little stock-up money to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!