Monday, February 21, 2011

Menu Plan - Last Week of February


For once I'm remembering to share some pics of menu items from previous weeks!  Here is the Asian meal I made a couple of weeks ago using recipes from All You magazine:


This was a nice change of pace, although I found the dipping sauce a bit strong.  Also, my husband thought that I should have browned the pancakes quite a bit more to make them more appropriate for dipping.

I'm totally done with my February grocery budget, so I'm not shopping this week.  Instead, I'm using all the items I got on great deals the past few weeks, including 90% lean ground beef marked down to $1.69/lb. and of course my HT Super Doubles deals.

Breakfasts:
cereal with milk
yogurt
banana bread

Lunches:
salami and crackers, pbj, yogurt (kids)
frozen homemade pizza
Hormel chili
Yakisoba noodles (can you tell I got Super Doubles deals?)

Dinners:
Mon - Crockpot beef stew (I made up the recipe as I went along), drop biscuits
Tues - Panko baked chicken fingers, oven fries, fruit salad
Wed - Salisbuy steak with onion sauce (my mom's recipe), rice, salad
Thurs - Leftover salisbury steak, rice, honey-glazed carrots
Fri - Pasta with marinara, spinach, bread
Sat - Visiting an out of town friend for the day
Sun - Leftovers or pasta

And, just for fun, a pic of our Valentine's day pizza dinner!


Check out more menu plans at Menu Planning Monday.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!