Monday, June 27, 2011

Meal Plan - Last Week before Vacation!

You'll definitely see influences of our current CSA crops in this week's menu.  We're getting more beets tomorrow, and I still haven't used the ones from last week - yikes!  You can use the beet greens as well; I think I"m going to saute them as I have the swiss chard.  We're also getting cabbage this week, which will pair well with some marked-down Italian sausage I picked up at Wegmans today.

Other than trying to use our produce, I'm going for very simple meals this week.  I'll be packing all week to leave on Saturday for a week's visit to my family in North Carolina.  I'm looking forward to a fun week with my parents and all my siblings!


Breakfasts
Cereal and milk (from Giant deals this week)
Blueberry muffins
Yogurt

Lunches
Salami sandwiches
Leftover soup

Dinners
Mon - Lamb and chicken, roasted beets, green salad
Tues - Sausage Cabbage Bake, green salad,
Wed - Cheesy eggs with sauteed ham and greens, blueberry muffins
Thurs - Leftover sausage cabbage bake, green salad
Fri - Homemade pizza from the freezer
Sat - Leaving for summer vacation!


Mmm - tart cherries from last week's picking!


See more menu plans over at OrgJunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!