Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu Plan - Last Week of Summer Vacation!

This is the last week of summer vacation for us, since my oldest starts kindergarten next Monday.  This week we have a back-to-school ice cream social at the school on Wednesday night and kindergarten orientation on Friday!

I'm trying to get really organized this week, taking stock of all my groceries and filling in the gaps. Starting next week I'll be packing GiGi's lunchbox every day, so I'm making lists of lunch and snack ideas.  She is fairly particular, so there is a short list of items that I'm going to need to try to always have on hand.

I'm pretty low on meat this week, so my menu plan is a little vague.  I'm hoping to get some marked-down meat at Wegmans this evening; otherwise I'll go with the usual $1.99/lb. family pack of chicken or ground beef.

Here's what we're eating this week:

Breakfasts
Yogurt
Eggless banana bread  (I ran out of eggs!)
Cereal and milk
Toast

Lunches (all with peaches/watermelon)
Chili and crackers
Leftover meat and potatoes
Salami sandwiches
Hot dogs

Dinners
Mon - Ratatouille, biscuits
Tues - Sausage casserole (from freezer), french bread, veggie from farm
Wed - Chic-fil-A (before a back to school event at GiGi's new school!)
Thurs - Meat and veggie (I need more meat; I'll see what's marked down at Wegmans!)
Fri - Pierogis, salad
Sat - Easy tacos (using Old El Paso Tortilla Stuffers found on clearance at Walmart)
Sun - tbd

Snacks 
Homemade granola bars
Goldfish crackers
Green and red peppers slices with ranch

See tons of menu ideas at Menu Planning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!