Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Wegmans Meal of the Week

I'm trying out a new feature starting this week - the Wegmans Meal of the Week.

I was thinking that lists of store sales are nice, but what good are grocery deals unless you can combine them into tasty, healthy, and easy meals for your family?

So each week I will put together an easy dinner using Wegmans specials or regularly priced items.  My goal is for each dinner to serve a family of four for around $5.   I'll be anxious to hear your feedback about the new feature, so please let me know if you find it helpful.


Now for this week's meal . . .

Now is the time to take advantage of the remaining sales on summer cookout items, as stores are already switching their promotions to back-to-school snack foods and canned soups.  Once Labor Day hits, you'll see nary a deal on hot dogs until next spring.

So for this week's meal, I have a quick hot dog dinner, which can easily work either as a fixed-in-20-minutes weeknight dinner or jazzed up with grilled hot dogs on a late summer weekend.

Oscar Mayer Classic Weiners (16 oz.) - $1.50


Wegmans Sliced Hot Dog Rolls (8 ct.) - $1.29


Wegmans Baked Beans (20 oz.) - $.99



Alexia Julienne Fries, Sweet Potato, Family Size - $2.99
Use $1.00/1 printable coupon here or here
Final Price: $1.99


No recipe needed for this one; just heat and eat!


Total spent: $5.77 to generously feed a family of four

Coupons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!