Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Plan - First Week of February


I promise, I've still been making meal plans, even if I haven't posted them.  This year I moved from a wall calendar to a weekly planner, and I love the one I got.  It has a little tear out list for your menu plan and one for your shopping list.  Plus, it has a to-do list for the week on the same page.  I like having everything on the same page; it's really convenient.

This week I have a speaking engagement (more on that soon!) and on the weekend a going away party for a good friend.  It's a busy week, but isn't every week like that?  All the more reason to have a plan for what we're going to eat.  The two younger kids and I picked up a few essentials (milk, yogurt, fruit) at the store this morning; otherwise we should be good eating from the pantry and freezer through the week.  Here's the plan:

Breakfasts
Homemade instant strawberry oatmeal
Breakfast burritos
Mini bagels and cream cheese
Yogurt

Lunches (all with fruit)
Adults: hamburgers, canned soup, BBQ pork sandwiches
Kids: yogurt, cheese and crackers, peanut butter, salami

Dinners
Mon - Chicken pot pie, salad, jellied cranberry sauce (I bought a ton on clearance; my kids love it)
Tues - Ground Beef Stroganoff over rice, salad, rolls
Wed - Little Caesar's Pizza - I am out for a speaking engagement!
Thurs - Pork Tacos with cheese, fruit salad
Fri - Pasta primavera, veggie, rolls
Sat - A friend's going away party potluck - bringing Frito Chili Pie, pineapple, and a dessert tbd
Sun - tbd

See more menu plans at Menu Planning Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!