Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shoppers Triple Coupons

I went to Shoppers Triple Coupons event this morning and snagged some really good deals. Now that I've been to a number of triple coupon events at both Shoppers and Harris Teeter I have a good idea of what will be a good deal and what won't. I don't generally like Shoppers, but it's practically across the street from my house, so it's worth a trip for a good deal.

I got everything pictured here for $15.98. The original total was $40.02.




My best deals were these:

- Wacky Mac - $1.39 - 3 x $.50 q - free!
- Fiber One Toaster Pastries - $2.19 - 3 x $.75 q - free!
- No Yolks noodles - $1.89 - 3 x $.50q - $.39
- Muir Glen Organic diced tomatoes - $2.39 - 3 x $.75 q - $.14

I did get a couple of items just because we needed them, so that reduced my savings a bit. Also, I think at least one of my coupons didn't triple. It might have been the Shoppers catalina coupon I had for the organic baby food. If I had noticed, I would have contested that, since it was a manufacturer's coupon. However, I had both my girls with me and didn't notice, so I'm trying not to worry about it. :-)

However, I would recommend paying as much attention as possible when doing deals like this. You never know what errors the computer might make.

PS - The last installment of my "5 Principles of a Frugal Life" series will appear by Monday. I just got busy the end of this week and I wanted to spend enough time on the last principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!