Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Enough


This holiday season my family took two 7 hour each way car trips to North Carolina to visit my parents. (Well, one trip actually took 12 hours, but that's another story.) My husband, myself, a toddler, a newborn, two large car seats, clothes, diapers, toiletries, Christmas presents, in one case my college-age sister -- we crammed all these into our tiny Toyota Corolla. In the front passenger seat, my knees were literally on the dashboard. I am not exagerating.

However, during one of these trips, after half turning around for fifteen minutes to hold the pacifier in the baby's mouth, I remarked to my husband, "You know, it would be a lot harder to reach the kids if we had a minivan."

This remark came to mind the other day when I read this article from Boundless, a Christian young adult e-zine. In it, the author talks about the unexpected downside to living in her dream house.

The article made me think -- no, we don't have a spacious and comfortable minivan -- but we were all able to fit in the car and made it safely to visit loved ones. It was an important reminder that we may not have everything we want, but, thanks be to God, we have enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!