Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More Inspiration

For your inspiration, here are some articles and blog posts that I have been reading lately that relate to my recent topics of menu planning and grocery shopping:

Crystal, of Money Saving Mom and Biblical Womanhood, wrote a long post last week on how she plans her menus. It is much more detailed than mine, and you'll see where I learned a lot of what I'm doing now! She is supposed to continue the post this week; I'll post the link when she does.


On grocery shopping, I enjoyed this article from Parents Magazine. The author is challenged to spend only $100 for a week's worth of groceries, and she is successful. I liked the fact that she is a nutritionist, so the meals she planned were healthy as well as inexpensive.

And just for fun, watch this video from NBC news. (thanks to Bargain Briana for the link.) I never used to believe that the kind of coupon savings pictured in the video were for real, but after six months of reading bargain shopping blogs I am a believer! While I've never done quite as well as the two ladies in the video, I now know how they did it!

Finally, here and here are two more articles from Parents Magazine on creatively saving money. These are the kind of articles that get me excited about frugal living, because they really show what you can accomplish if you think outside the box.

When I started reading bargain shopping blogs this summer, I was desperate to lower our food budget but already felt that it was as low as it could go. I mean, I had always used coupons and shopped sales, what else could I do?

Well, now I feel like I am merely getting my feet wet as regards saving grocery money, compared to some of the frugalistas out there! I truly believe that wherever you start from, whether it is spending a lot of money or a little, there is almost always a creative way to save more and make your life better. That is an exciting and inspiring thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!