Monday, March 16, 2009

Menu Plans


I'm late posting this. I have a cold and am off to a slow start this week. I'm just ready for spring!

As usual, I'm trying to base most of my meals on what I already have. I'm doing well on the budget for the month again, and I'd like to hit my goal of only $350 for the month if I can.

Breakfasts: I have lots of cereal and yogurt. I need to have a baking day and whip up some bagels and muffins or quick bread. Also eggs and bacon or sausage for the weekend.

Lunches: cold cuts, rice and beans, tuna, peanut butter, leftovers

Snacks: Have chips, granola bars, trail mix, some homemade chex mix - all I should need to buy is fresh fruit!

Dinners:
Mon - Leftover garlic chicken and noodles (This was really good)
Tues - Corned beef and cabbage (I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I might get a pre-cooked St. Patrick's meal from Wegmans. Otherwise our Irish meal will just have to be late this year.)
Wed - Italian Sausage Soup, homemade bread (I leave out the zucchini for hubby's sake)
Thurs - Leftover soup and bread
Fri - Tilapia (going to try the frozen tilapia from Wegmans as a treat)
Sat- Homemade pizza, salad

Sun - Friend's party
Mon - Golden Lasanga (will finish up leftover ricotta & a can of cream of chic soup)
Tues - Ginger Lentil Soup, homemade bread (never tried this last week)
Wed - Leftover lasanga, salad
Thurs - Leftover soup, mini grilled cheese sandwiches
Fri - Soup supper at church
Sat - Surprise! (depends on our schedule :-)
PS - Menu planning Monday is hosted by OrgJunkie, but it's over at $5 Dinners this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!