Monday, April 20, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

Well, it's another Menu Planning Monday , and I'm rushing to make my menu plan and shopping list before heading out to Wegmans this afternoon!

I'm definitely in the mood for some fresh, spring flavors, so I'm trying to incorporate that into the next two weeks' menus. I'm also trying to increase the fruits and vegetables in our diet, so I'm also trying to plan that in.

Breakfasts:
cereal, oatmeal, toast, bagels, fruit and yogurt smoothies, frozen blueberry waffles (triple coupon bargain!)

Lunches:
cold cuts, salad with hard-boiled egg, pbj, cheese and crackers, beans and rice, leftovers

Dinners
Mon - Leftover ham and blackeyed pea soup, bread
Tues - Pot roast, mashed potatoes, asparagus
Wed - Lebanese pizza, fattoush salad
Thurs - Leftover pot roast, rice, green beans
Fri - Fiesta fritatta casserole, rolls, fruit salad
Sat - Spaghetti with meat sauce, salad, bread
Sun - Party

Mon - Steak fajitas with homemade tortillas
Tues - I'm leaving these three days blank, because I really want to get my hands on some chicken! I can't find it cheap enough this week, but by next week hopefully I can pick some up.
Wed -
Thurs -
Fri - Pasta primavera, salad, bread (I think I'll just make up this recipe :-)
Sat - Party at a friend's
Sun - Homemade pizza

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean about rushing to get a menu done b4 shopping! :) I CANNOT shop without my menu planned (which I put off till the very last minute b/c I can't STAND planning it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!