Sunday, May 3, 2009

Super Savings Saturday

Well, I did a good bit of grocery shopping this week, hitting a number of different stores for the great deals. It was the beginning of my May shopping, so there was plenty in the budget for stocking up.

Yesterday morning (after some yard sale-ing), I hit Harris Teeter triple coupons. Here's what I got:

Total spent: $24.88 (Total before sales and coupons: $81.25!!!)

Looking over the picture, I notice that I didn't get many freebies this time; it was mostly just terrific deals on items that I ordinarily need and use. My favorite deals were the following:

Dannon yogurt - $.40/each (sale) - $1.00/10 coupon = $.30/each (My husband takes a yogurt to work every day, and I normally have to pay $.45 each. So I was very excited about this price!)

Ortega taco shells and salsa - $1.50 each (sale) - $.72/2 coupon (tripled) = $.75 for 2

Skintimate shaving cream - $2.59 - $.75/1 coupon (tripled) = $.34

Gerber Graduates pasta pickups - $1.49 each - $.50/1 coupon (tripled) = FREE


And here's how the grocery budget's shaping up:

April
CVS - $6.58
Giant - $12.39
Final Total for April: $342.90

May
Wegmans - $8.60 (Cottonelle toilet paper stock up!)
Target - $36.77 & $3.94 (I shared some of my Target deals here.)
Harris Teeter - $24.88
Shoppers - $15.49
Total: $89.68

Super Savings Saturday is on Money Saving Mom.

By the way, I'm still trying to compile a list of the stores that offer discounts for bringing your own bags. If you know of such a store, I would greatly appreciate it if you would leave a comment or email me. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Shopper Food Warehouse just started taking .05 cents off your bill for every tote you bring. Limit of 20 totes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!