Monday, February 8, 2010

Menu Planning Monday: Big Snow Edition!

Well, once our power came back on, we happily made it through the snowy weekend.  I was so happy to be able to cook again (even after a relatively short time), that I immediately baked oatmeal cookies and made a big pot of turkey taco soup.  Yum!

This week, between the snow we have and the snow that's coming, I'm actually not sure that I'm going to be able to get much grocery shopping done!  My husband just told me that the roads were so bad that he should just probably stop on the way home from work and get what I need.  Of course, he won't have my coupons, so I'll just have him get the minimum we need to get by.

Here's the menu I've come up with, which won't require too much from the store:

Breakfasts:
(Plenty of selection here!) Homemade hot pockets, blueberry muffins, cereal, yogurt, whole-wheat pancakes

Lunches:
Assorted leftovers (soup, pasta), grilled cheese, pbj, hard-boiled egg sandwiches

Snacks:
fruit, oatmeal cookies, corn chips & salsa, trail mix

Dinners:
Mon - Meatloaf, mashed or roasted potatoes, spinach
Tues - Chicken fried rice, orange slices
Wed - Leftover meatloaf, potatoes, salad
Thurs - Breakfast for dinner
Fri - Pumpkin soup, grilled cheese
Sat- May be seeing family over the weekend, so meals tba.  We can always make pizza. ;-)
Sun - tba

I'd be interested to hear: did any of you make anything really yummy this weekend during the snow?  Does anyone have tips for good things to eat if you do lose power and can't cook?

Check out Menu Planning Monday at OrgJunkie.

2 comments:

  1. We had power, so it was a little easier for me (I'm in Frederick, MD) but I made a ton of stuff, I couldn't stop cooking. 2 loaves of bread, pizza dough, yellow split pea soup and black bean burgers from this month's All You, chicken wings, etc. We ate well anyway, which is good with all of that shoveling. I really hope that they're wrong about tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy it looks like you will be eating well this week. Thank you for sharing!! Nicole www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!