Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Week of Great Deals!!!

Of course I meant to share this post by Saturday morning, but life intervened, so here it is today.  I really got some amazing grocery deals last week, for which I am very grateful.  I've really been feeling a bit stretched in the grocery department ever since I both lowered my grocery budget at the beginning of the year and since I used up a lot of my pantry stock in January.  The super deals just hadn't seemed as available, and I was stretching to stay in the budget.

That's why I allowed myself to get all of this last week and start on the April budget early.  It does make me start off April a little behind, but I think that I stocked up on so much stuff that it should help, not hurt, me in the long run.  Here are the deals I got:

I made four trips to Giant for the General Mills catalina promo, rolling over my $10 coupon each time!  I have 3 of the 4 trips pictured here, with the total paid after coupons and the $10 coupon for each.

Trip #1 - $12.33
Trip #2 -  $3.35
Trip #3 - $3.46
I also made a 4th similar trip, and I still have a $10 coupon left to use.  So if you count the $10 coupon I received in the first transaction, I paid just $9.14 in total for everything pictured in the above three photos!

I also made a successful trip to Harris Teeter triple coupons on Wednesday.  My total for all this was $20.61, including tax, down from $85.84 before coupons and sales.  My total would have been quite a bit lower, but I did have to buy a couple of items (i.e. toilet paper) that weren't triples deals.

And I'm planning to make one more trip to HT triples today before the promotion ends!

2 comments:

  1. Great shopping trips Liz! You saved a ton at Giant with the Catalina deal and at Harris Teeter for Triple Coupons. Good job!
    I just finally made it to HT yesterday for a quick trip but probably won't post about it since the Triples event ends tonight.
    Happy saving,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!