Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where I'm Shopping This Week: Stock-Up Deals!!!

It's the last few days of the month, and I'm pretty much right at the end of my $315 budget for April.  I probably could have made it these last few days without buying anything, but once again I let myself start on May just a few days early, considering all the awesome stock-up deals that are going on this week.

First of all, I've made two trips to Giant for the another amazing General Mills deal, which runs through Thursday.  Basically, if you buy 6 General Mills cereals (they're almost included) at regular price, you get $10 off instantly at checkout and you get two coupons for two free gallons of milk!!!

My first trip, going for the cereals with the best coupons, all of which doubled, made the cereal better than free after taking into account the milk coupons!


My second trip made all 6 boxes about $1.00 total after the milk coupons. 
 The coupons are worded "$4.50 off a gallon of milk" and some people are reporting getting a full $4.50 off their order with the coupon, even if the milk was less.  However, at my store, the coupons didn't scan and the manager manually entered the price of the milk.  That was okay with me - it is such a generous deal anyway!  (You can get all the coupon links and matchups over at Mrs. Moneysaver.)

Today I also couldn't resist stopping my Harris Teeter for the first day of triple coupons.  There weren't a ton of amazing free deals, but there some good solid deals on items that I regularly use.  I ended up paying $23.19 for all this; before coupons and sales it would have been $94.68.
I didn't make it to HT until about 12:30 today, and my store gets lots of ardent couponers.  So I was thrilled to find that they still had plenty of the Starbucks ice cream, which was just $.25 after coupon!  Maybe not the most useful deal, but definitely my favorite!

Harris Teeter triples runs through next Tuesday, and I got my coupon matchups from Southern Savers.

Are you planning or have you scored any great deals this week?

5 comments:

  1. Great shopping!! Love seeing your savings. I get excited when I save at the store. My husband just doesn't get it and looks at me like I have two heads when I come home excited, Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - Donna, that's part of why I blog! My husband tries to appreciate it, but he just can't quite share the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is the same as Donna's. He gets that glazed look in his eyes when I start talking about the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where'd you get the Starbucks ice cream coupon?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. MT - I got the link from the list on Southern Savers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!