Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where I'm Shopping This Week . . .

 . . . nowhere yet!  Despite getting my menu plan and list actually together on Monday, various things have come up and I haven't yet made it to the store!  I'm thinking that I'll try for tomorrow morning, and try to do a combined trip for this week and most of next week too.

I'm definitely going to head to Wegmans for my staples and some of the good deals on Memorial Day cookout items.  All summer, but especially holidays like Memorial Day, July 4, and Labor Day, are great times to stock up things like hot dogs and condiments to use all year long.

I get my grocery store ads with my Wednesday Washington Post, and I saw a couple of good fruit deals that I plan to take advantage of the end of this week.  Harris Teeter has Eastern peaches for $.99 and blueberries BOGO.  Giant (sales starting on Friday) has blueberries for $2.50.  I can't even explain to you how much GiGi loves blueberries, so I've got to get some of these!

Oh, I did actually make a quick trip to CVS.  I got 4 Nivea body washes for $1 total!

A couple other good deals I've run across lately:

Restaurant.com now has 80% off their gift certificates!  This is when I usually buy mine:
Save 80% Off Restaurant.com $25 Gift Cert. Use code FLAG and pay $2 thru 5/31/10.

You can get 40 free prints if you sign up for York photo.  One of these days I'm just going to sign up with all these sites to get the free prints from each one and start printing some of my backlog of digital pictures!

Gina from Moneywise Moms alerted me to a great offer for Virginia residents:  Busch Gardens in Williamsburg is offering free preschool passes all summer for children 5 and younger!  You can read all the info here.

Nicole from Frugal Coupon Living shared that Amazon has $10 off a $30 Thomas the Train purchase promotion going on through May 31.  For instance, this Water Tower track set would be just $23.26 after the discount! I paid more than that for a Target brand track set that my daughter got for Christmas two years ago.  Thomas stuff can be pricey, but they're great toys, so this could be a great time to stock up for birthdays or even Christmas.  Ashley also has the details on a Toy Story discount too.

You can now sign up for the Wellness Rewards Program at Rite Aid.  It's free, and you get a $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon just for signing up.  You also get points from your purchases that add up to benefits.  Plus, you get 10% off Rite Aid brand products every day.  I don't shop at Rite Aid much, but I do head there every so often for a great diaper or holiday candy deal.  Since this is free, I'm definitely signing up!

Where are you shopping this week?  Any great deals you have your eye on?

n.b. Restaurant.com, York Photo, Amazon, and Rite Aid are all part of advertising networks of which I am an affiliate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!