Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baking Day!

I decided to have a baking today. This is an idea I got from Crystal of Money Saving Mom. Every few weeks, she picks a day to cook or bake a number of meals and snacks to stock her freezer. I think this is such a great idea. It is more efficient to bake a bunch of things at once, and it makes such a difference to have a stock of homemade items to pull out when you're busy.

We definitely need some homemade snacks in our house right now. I haven't baked beyond the basics in a little while, and so we've been quickly eating up my huge stash of cheap granola bars. And yes, I only paid $.25-$.50 per box, but I'd like to save some of them for when we're going out or for really crazy days.

Here's my cooking/baking list for today:

- Sandwich bread
- Super Power Muffins
- Homemade Corn Chips
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Red beans
- Cookies
- Homemade Popsicles

It looks like a lot, but several of these items are very quick and easy to make. And besides some laundry, this is going to be my main activity for the day.

I plan to take pictures as we bake and share throughout the day, so check back later to see how we're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!