Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tuesday Tip

A quick, painless money-saving tip every Tuesday . . .


If you still have a working VCR (or can get one from a yard sale or freecycle), look for used video cassettes for a cheap movie fix. Videos are all over the place at yard sales, consignment sales, freecycle, and thrift stores. They are so easy to get that I generally won't pay more than $.50 or maybe $1.00 for each. I especially love finding new children's videos for my daughter; sometimes I even find one that I actually remember from my childhood! When I went yardsaling with my mom last weekend, I also found new adult movies for Michael and myself, including "Apollo 13" and "The Two Towers" (from the Lord of the Rings trilogy). You can't beat $.50 to own a new movie!

Have a quick and easy money-saving tip to share? Email me, and I'll credit you if I use your tip.



Photo by foxumon.

1 comment:

  1. Yep. We've added to our video collection this way also. Cheap movies are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!