Monday, October 5, 2009

Fall Consignment Sales!

I've meant to post about consignment sale shopping a few weeks ago, and now October has sneaked up on me and the fall consignment sale season is in full swing!  I look forward to children's consignment sale shopping each spring and fall to get what my girls need for amazing prices as well as to bring home some fun treasures that we could not have otherwise afforded.

Every year I volunteer at this sale so that I can shop early.  It's a fun day out for me and worth it for the great selection at the pre-sale.  This year I'm working two shifts and get to shop at 6:30AM the day of the sale!!!  (Shopping at 6:30 in the morning sounds like a nightmare to my husband, but it excites me. ;-)

If you're gearing up for consignment sale shopping this month, you might enjoy this post I wrote in the spring with some tips for shopping these sales.  You can also see the results of my shopping at the spring sale here.

Gina at Moneywise Moms has put together a great list of local (Northern Virginia) consignment sales.  If you're in another area of the country, check out Google, as well as local bulletin boards and publications, to find your local sales. 

There are many of these sales around, and I highly recommend them as an easy way to find very inexpensive children's clothing and supplies without having to spend a lot of time searching yard sales or Craigslist.

Happy consignment shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!