Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Book Review: Girl Talk by Gigi Garner

 This is a Mama Buzz review. The product was provided by Five Star Publications for this review.

 Photobucket

When I received the book Girl Talk from Mama Buzz, I wasn't sure what to expect.  When I saw that it included stories from celebrities, I wondered it if it would be of interest to me.

However, this is not a book about "celebrities,." although a number of the tips and stories are from well-known actresses, writers, and singers.  It is just a book of many different women sharing those little tidbits that you pick up from your girlfriends.  I am often inspired with new ideas and thoughts by things that my girl friends and female relatives share with me, and this book was sort of like compilation of thoughts like that.

The book is organized by different topics, such as "Friend Talk," "Career Talk," Health Talk," and "Mommy Talk," and some of the topics have sub-topics.  One of my favorite sections was "Traditions," which was part of "Friend Talk."  As a mom with a relatively young family, I like to get ideas for holiday and other traditions that I might want to introduce in my family.

Girl Talk is put out by Five Star Publications and costs $15.95, which for me is a little pricey for a slim paperback.  However, with a book store coupon I could see getting this book as a fun gift for a girl friend or a sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!