Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan this Week: No Shopping at All!


Last week I ended up spending about $50 at Wegmans on meat, fruits and vegetables, and dairy items.  It was a little more than I was hoping to spend, but I knew that we had to restock on certain items.  However, the upside is that this week I am planning not to go to the grocery store at all! 

My husband made quick run for some milk at the end of last week, and I think we should have enough fruit and yogurt to scrape through the week.  (Those are our usual "necessities.")  The only shopping I plan to do this week is for a few items I'll need for some company that we're having on Saturday, but for our family's regular meals, I hope to work entirely from the pantry!

Here's what I'm planning:

Breakfasts:
cereal, yogurt, pumpkin muffins, bagels, scrambled eggs

Lunches:
pbj, cheese and crackers, leftovers, quesadillas with homemade tortillas

Dinners:
Mon - Baked chcken w. fried onion coating, rice, peas
Tues - Spaghetti with beef sauce (no mushrooms - I used them in something else!), salad, bread
Wed - Chicken tacos w. chicken baked on Monday, a couple of spare taco shells, homemade tortills, and guacamole that I got free from HT last week!
Thurs - Leftovers (Daddy out at guys' night)
Fri - Butternut sqaush soup (boxed) with mini grilled cheeses
Sat - chili, corn chips
Sun - Homemade pizza, fruit salad

Baking List:
- sandwich bread
- pumpkin muffins
- bagels
- tortillas

Check out other great menus at Menu Planning Monday.  See how others are doing on the Eat from the Pantry Challenge here.

2 comments:

  1. how do you make bagels from scratch.. I have been CRAVING onion flavored bagels... but haven't gone to the store... I'd rather make them myself. Do you have a recipe you care to share??

    thanks for posting.

    Alexia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexia, I do make my own bagels. They're actually fairly simply to make. Here's the post I wrote on bagel making:

    http://frugallyblonde.blogspot.com/2009/03/bake-it-dont-buy-it-homemade-bagels.html

    I did try onion bagels once, topping them with sauteed onions, but they weren't right. Next time I think I'd try dried onion flakes.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!