Monday, March 1, 2010

Baking Day Update

I'm halfway through my big baking day, and I've just been taking a little break for some computer time and rest time.  I was determined to get a lot of cooking done today and really focus on that, so even though I was tired, I managed to do some prep work last night.  I made sure I actually had a clean kitchen to start from, and for once I rembered to soak the beans overnight. 

This meant that I was able to cook two pounds of beans (one on the stove and one in the crock pot) until fully cooked before noon.  I also have baked 16 onion bagels and two batches of homemade corn chips.

In a few minutes, I plan to get back up for round two.  I need to cook the chili that will be our dinner and dinner for a friend who recently gave birth, as well as the cornbread to go with it.  I'll also throw together the cranberry muffins, since they shouldn't take long.  I really want to get the tortillas and some French bread done as well, but we'll see what I can fit in before I have to go out to deliver the dinner to my friend.

What are you cooking today?

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm not baking anything today -- but I wanted to tell you that I just made the homemade pickles recipe that you posted about back in the summer. :) I got 10 picking cucs for about $2.00 and made three jars. I'm excited to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear your feedback!